Presentation - Pole dancing classes - Spring 2019

Like all semesters, I had to have a presentation for my Practical Language class. This semester we could choose a topic on our own and the only requirement was that it must be under the umbrella of culture and society.

I chose to talk about my Pole dancing classes, because it’s an art in a way and because society often sees it only as “stripper dance” and not a challenging exercise. During my presentation, I gave my audience a basic explanation what pole dance is and how it differs. Then I showed some pictures of poses and moves and asked them to connect it. And at the end, I went more personally and talked about my personal experience.

Here you can see the structure of my presentation:

This semester I got evaluated by my amazing teacher and got 20 points. I think I did well, but like every semester I made some mistakes. Despite having the advantage that it’s not possible to see that I am nervous, I still am. So, I got stuck on word: differentiate. And some of my explanations how the spinning and static pole differ where not very precise.