Writing to discussion forums - Fall 2018

This semester I signed up for an English Online Course, where I need to join a discussion (write my own post or comment somebody else's) to pass the course. I need to get 100 points and for each post I get 5 points.

Here are two posts I am very proud of:

1) The topic: "Could you please in this thread comment on your position as a student? Being a student, is it a reward, a problem, a challenge,... how do you see your position
these days, in a free world? How about students in former communist countries
(such as your parents), under a dictatorship, or in countries, where you have to
pay for studies? And how about students a century ago, where women were not
always welcome at universities? And, to speak about your future, are your
university studies a good preparation for your future job? Why so, why not?
Let us know."

My answer: "I believe we are very lucky when we think about all the students with much more limited possibilities than we have. We can study for the expected period of
study for free, we are accepted by fair system and we have freedom of speech.
But when I think of quality of the universities in Czech Republic it's getting
to be very dismal. We are trying to reach the average percentage of students
with university degree in European Union so fast, that practically everybody can
get accepted. I feel we prefer the quantity over the quality. Therefore I
sometimes doubt that my university studies are a good preparation for my future
job."

2) The topic: "Have you heard about a man who decided to live without money all year long? He was a young banker, a university graduate, who changed his thinking after some
time in the money business. He lived in a trailer, worked at a farm, was a
vegan, and did use only such things which he made himself (a stove, paper, pens,
ink) or was given for free. He rode a bicycle and looked for food in bins behind
supermarkets. He commented on his life in a blog, using solar units for his
computer. Could you comment on his philosophy? Do we spend more than necessary?
Is there too much waste? Is sustainable living the way for us? Do you recycle?
Do you trade some of your stuff (clothing, books, furniture...) with your
friends? Let us know."

My answer: "I personally think that behaviour of this man was a bit extreme. I think it
would make much more sense if he had decided to live ecologically long-termly.
It seems it was much more a challenge than anything else.
On the other hand, I think we definitely spend too much. We don't care about the
future and we don't realize how bad the situation is.
My family and I recycle. We try to reduce our food waste and we never throw out
clothes. We reuse it or give it to charity. And I think it's almost a crime to
throw books away!"

The reason why I chose this is because I feel I learned some new vocabulary and practised various grammar tenses. My evaluation of myself? There were some posts where I had a couple of mistakes. But long-termly I would say I do well.