ESN membership - Fall 2018

Last June I had a great idea and I joined an ESN. What is ESN? Erasmus students network!
Since I am currently not planning to go on Erasmus I decided that Erasmus has to come to me.
What does it mean?

  • In the beginning of September I got an e-mail to sing up to a system called FIESTA to get my buddy. Buddy is an international erasmus student who is coming to study to Brno and needs somebody to help him/her to settle here. Basically a friend. Like that I "matched" with two girls - Turkish and Bulgarian. They both study English at our Faculty of Education. Since then I helped them to find dormitories, store, to make a tram card etc.. (Or went with them to hospital) And with Lucy (the Bulgarian) we are in contact every week.
  • Another interesting experience was an Orientation week, which happens week before the school starts. I was helping out during the Practical tour which means I had to take about 20 students from all over the word from dormitories to Scala. And then take them from Scala all over the city to pick up their ESN cards, transportation card photos, to make photos to IS and othe 
  • Every wednesday I come to Country presentations where I listen to presentations about different countries and talk. And some Sundays I help to organise CinErasmus where I always have to produce a speach to introduce the movie or talk about different ESN activities.

Why I am including this here? Because I got like this a lot of international friends from all parts of word - from Bulgaria, Serbia, Crotia, Italy, Sri Lanka, Mexico, USA etc., because I practice interaction on regular basis and I am forced to speak clearly so there is no misunderstanding.

Reflecting this, at the beginning of semester it wasn't easy because the erasmus students are stressed and confused. But very soon it became a great experience. And english language became a part of my "normal" life.