One was a response on Susie’s article (from
New English File Advanced Book) about meeting and talking with strangers:
“While
reading this article, I tried to think about the strangers I meet on regular
basis. And I realized there aren't many of them. Since I am always in a hurry,
moving at weekends to my home town, taking various trains and having different
schedule every day, the only people I often meet and I don't know their names
are my neighbors in Brno. And I have to say, I always enjoy talking to them.
My
favourite moments are the elevator ones. I live in an apartment building, where
most of the people are young families or in senior age. Sometimes we talk about
weather or cooking, but it often happens we start to talk about my studies or
their families. And I really enjoy it. This week I even found out my neighbor
studied civics at the Faculty of Education as I do!”
And the second one was a semi-short insight
into books my friends and I recommend:
“During
the last days I tried to fulfill my task and I asked some of my friends and
family members about book they thought everybody should read. I asked through
generations and various academic achievement.
And I
got only one answer that repeated: "There isn't any". Many people
said that every person has different taste in books. Therefore, it's not
possible to say just one book.
But
if I had to choose the most interesting answer I got, I would probably say -
Dunno. Dunno is commonly known as Russian series of children books about a
small boy having different adventures, but not many people know that the books
have deep political context and every book takes you to different backround -
firstly it's a Soviet-like town, secondly communist utopia and lastly it's a
capitalistic town.
And
what I would answer? I think I agree with my friends. There isn't ONE book for
everybody. But there are many books they changed me and I would like to share
with you three of the most important ones:
Robert
Fulghum's Everything i need to know i learned in kindergarten - because it's so
simple and we still forget it.
We
Children from Bahnhof Zoo (written by Christiane F.) - because reading it made
me to better understand the consequences of drug abuse.
Adam
Douglas's The hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - because every time I read it,
there is something new. And it's always hilarious.”
The reason I honestly enjoy the contributions to Moodlinka course is that I mostly write my opinion. And the texts say a lot about who I am. As a result, I think they are good.